Saturday, August 20, 2011

Reflection: How do I view Mathematics.

Hello and good day mate! How are you today? I hope you are  having a wonderful and fantastic day. For my first reflection, I will share with you guys on how do I view Mathematics before and after taking the EAB 023 class.

When I was in primary school, Mathematics was my least favourite subjects. This is because I always feel bored when learning Mathematics. There are less interesting activities that can be done during in class which affecting my enthusiasms in learning. Everyday, the lesson is focusing on counting and solving problematical questions. As the result, I was under pressure and stress in answering the questions.


However, my perspective towards Mathematics has change after taking EAB023 class this semester. During in the class, I play a lot of activities and games that related with Mathematics. These activities really help me to enjoy myself while learning at the same time. It was so fun, I did realize that the class was already done for that day.


 Apart from that, learning Mathematics can be fun and exciting if teacher knows how to create the conducive environment for children. Teacher should produce and prepare heaps of Mathematics resources in the class so children are able to use them in learning. These resources can even be as simple as a collection of shells or buttons. They might seem be useless, but with these material children are able to use them as learning tool and then construct their own learning. Now, I realize that teaching Mathematics is fascinating and motivating. The key to a successful in conducting of Mathematics class is by integrating fun, enjoyable and meaningful activities with the lesson for the children to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment